Congratulations Scholarship Winners!
In 2017, Range Telephone Cooperative, Inc. will award twenty scholarships valued at $2,500 each. One of the twenty scholarships will be earmarked as the Louis Capra Memorial Scholarship in memory of a former board member. This scholarship will be awarded to a student from the Ashland or Broadus area. One of the twenty scholarships will be earmarked as the Ron Bixby Memorial Scholarship in memory of a former employee. This award will go to a student who is a tribal enrolled member.
Applications are available from (a) your local high school counselor, (b) by calling Range Telephone at 406-347-2226 or 800-927-2643, or (c) by downloading the Range Scholarship Application and corresponding Financial Statement.
- The applicant must have a GPA of at least 3.0.
- The applicant must be a resident of either Montana or Wyoming.
- The applicant must be a dependent (son or daughter) of a current member of Range Telephone (with local phone service), or a dependent of a current employee of Range. The telephone exchanges served by Range Telephone are:
- Hysham – 342
- Forsyth – 346 or 356
- Rosebud – 347
- So. Miles City – 421
- So. Broadus – 427
- Alzada – 828
- Birney – 984
- No. Broadus – 554
- Busby – 592
- Decker – 757
- Ashland – 784
- Broadus – 436
- Lame Deer – 477
- Sundance – 283
- Arvada – 736
- SE Sheridan – 737
- Decker – 750
- Clearmont – 758
- Alzada – 878
- The applicant must be a graduating high school senior entering his/her first year of college or trade school. Past winners are not eligible to apply.
- The applicant must complete an application and a personal letter of application. The personal letter must include at least one paragraph dealing with (a) academic achievements, (b) community involvement and (c) educational goals. The applicant must also complete a financial statement (link above) indicating their financial need. At least one current letter of recommendation, but no more than three, may accompany the scholarship application. Please include a copy of your most recent school transcript (the transcript should contain the school’s grading scale).
- Incomplete applications will not be returned for completion and will be immediately disqualified. In addition, applications received or postmarked after the deadline shall also be disqualified.
- Applications must be submitted to Range Telephone Cooperative, Inc., Attn: Scholarship Committee, P. O. Box 127, Forsyth, MT 59327 and postmarked by no later than March 10, 2017.
- High schools will be notified of the winners and they will be announced at the respective graduation/award ceremonies.