|FLSA StatusNon-exempt||LocationForsyth, MT|
|DateApril 10, 2019||Closing Open Until Filled|
Performs secretarial and administrative duties for the General Manager and/or Senior Executive(s). Performs all duties necessary to assist the CEO and Board of Trustees in the daily operations of the cooperative, thus insuring that the best possible service is provided to the subscribers. Duties are of a highly confidential nature that requires a broad and comprehensive knowledge of the company’s policies and operations. Responsibilities require discretion, judgment, tact and poise.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Open executive’s mail, determine who should respond to requests and forward information as appropriate. Draft and send routine correspondence for executive(s)
- Serve as full-time Recording Secretary at company Board of Trustees meetings. Prepare board minutes and follow-up on Board meetings and the actions taken. Ensure board minutes are recorded properly and organized in a professional manner
- Assist with annual meetings, holiday events, safety meetings, open house, and other special projects, functions, and meetings by compiling information, planning and organizing and performing other duties as assigned, including setup and tear down and tidying up post event.
- Assist with planning and preparation for board, operational, and industry meetings, including subsidiary board meetings. Prepare presentation materials and coordinate meeting times, locations and other details.
- May take minutes at Board, Supervisor, Senior Management Team, and Corporate Team meetings
- Maintain and update company bylaws and safety training records
- Maintain calendar for executive(s). Arrange travel plans and reservations for company staff and Board members
- Maintain credit card file for employees and Board members
- Organize company scholarship program and coordinate with other industry scholarships. Prepare information for distribution and organize judging committee
- Order break room supplies, and company shirts/jacket, and maintain purchase records.
- Accountable for the Central Filing System
- Assist with receiving and routing telephone calls and handling customer requests.
- Assist other departments with clerical functions as needed
- Must work effectively as a corporate team player
- Submit accurate timesheets and expense reports in a timely manner
- Attend and participate in company safety and training meetings
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of office and secretarial practices and procedures
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Knowledge of written communication practices, procedures and formats
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs and telephone system
- Skill in planning and organizing
- Skill in preparing accurate and complete meeting minutes
- Ability and skills to become a certified Notary
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Education and/or Experience
HS Diploma or equivalent PLUS three to five years of relevant administrative experience. Notary Public, or the ability to become certified. Valid Driver’s License.
The general work hours for this position are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Overtime will be required on occasion. This is a Non-Exempt position, subject to the overtime provisions of FLSA.