|FLSA StatusNon-Exempt||LocationLame Deer, MT|
|DateFebruary 13, 2019||Closing Open Until Filled|
Install, maintain, and service telephone lines, special circuit lines, broadband services, subscriber carrier systems, cable terminals, protection devices, and customer-owned equipment/networks. May also diagnose and repair trouble in switching equipment, alarm network equipment, wireless systems, standby generators, fiber equipment, voice frequency repeaters, loop extenders, and cable loading systems. Repair and maintain multi-line telephone key systems and PBX’s. Coordinate with other departments on service installations and changes necessary to update billing, facilities, and other company records. Complete all installation and repair-related forms and reports. Locate and splice communications cable. Operate equipment to install aerial or buried cable. Complete on-call shifts when assigned. Tower and pole climbing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install new service and equipment for subscribers by installing drop wires, underground cable, station protectors, and network interface devices. Wires new systems using appropriate tools.
- Maintain and repair existing services and equipment by using test sets to locate line trouble. Determine necessary repairs which may include repairing or replacing wiring, cable, pedestals, pedestal stubs, station protectors, ground connections, running new wires and replacing jacks, lids and pedestals as needed.
- Ability to use standard and special purpose hand tools, equipment to splice and locate both copper and fiber optic cable
- Install concealed communications cabling and other equipment at buildings under construction.
- May work with COE Department to diagnose and repair trouble in switching equipment, carrier systems, and other telecom network equipment. Test telecom facilities and report unsatisfactory conditions; conduct minor central office repairs.
- Complete all outside plant related forms and reports.
- Maintain generators in service area.
- Maintain and repair multi-line key systems and PBX’s.
- Assist in obtaining easements; abiding by industry specifications and/or instructional material as required.
- Submit sketches and measurements and make staking sheets when assigned.
- Locate communications cable when requested.
- Operate equipment to install aerial or buried facilities.
- Coordinate with other departments on work projects; coordinate with plant and commercial staff to update records upon job completion.
- Complete on-call shifts when assigned.
- Submit timesheets, vehicle mileage reports, gas tickets, material and equipment charge-outs and credits in a timely manner.
- Attend and participate in company safety and training meetings.
- Clean and maintain buildings and grounds in service area, including cleaning and maintaining batteries, cutting weeds, etc.
- Keep company vehicle and tools clean and maintained.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management*
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Education and/or Experience
H. S. diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree in Electronics Technology, Telecommunications Technology, or equivalent preferred. Equivalent work experience may be substituted in lieu of an Assoc. Degree. Experience in the installation and maintenance of FTTX, Legacy outside plant and associated electronics technology preferred.
The general work hours for this position are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. This is a nonexempt position, subject to the overtime provisions of FLSA. This position will have an on call/ call out requirement.