2020 Scholarship Information
Range is Now Accepting 2020 Applications!
In 2020, Range will award twenty scholarships valued at $2,500 each. Two of the twenty scholarships will be earmarked in memory of two former Board members — Louis Capra and Robert Adams. The Louis Capra Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to a student from the Ashland or Broadus exchange. The Robert Adams Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to a student from the Rosebud, Forsyth or Hysham exchange. In addition, one of the twenty scholarships will be earmarked as the Ron Bixby Memorial Scholarship in memory of a former employee. This award will go to a student who is a tribal-enrolled member.
New for 2020, Range will be designating two scholarship that are different than in previous years. The first is a scholarship to a person who is continuing their education in college or trade school and has completed at least 24 credit hours. The second scholarship will be awarded to a high school senior who is planning to attend trade school in the fall.
Applications are available from (a) your local high school counselor, (b) by calling Range at 406-347-2226 or 800-927-2643, or (c) by downloading the Range Scholarship Application and corresponding Financial Statement.
- The applicant must have a GPA of at least 3.0.
- The applicant must be a resident of either Montana or Wyoming.
- The applicant must be a dependent (son or daughter) of a current member of Range Telephone (who subscribe to voice and/or broadband service), or a dependent of a current employee of Range. The exchanges served by Range are:
- Hysham – 342
- Forsyth – 346 or 356
- Rosebud – 347
- So. Miles City – 421
- So. Broadus – 427
- Alzada – 828
- Birney – 984
- No. Broadus – 554
- Busby – 592
- Decker – 757
- Ashland – 784
- Broadus – 436
- Lame Deer – 477
- Sundance – 283
- Arvada – 736
- SE Sheridan – 737
- Decker – 750
- Clearmont – 758
- Alzada – 878
- The applicant must be a graduating high school senior entering his/her first year of college or trade school.
- For the continuing education scholarship, the applicant must be entering their junior or senior year of college or trade school and have completed at least 24 credit hours. Applicants must include an official transcript with application.
- The applicant must complete an application and a personal letter of application. The personal letter must include at least one paragraph dealing with (a) academic achievements, (b) community involvement and (c) educational goals. The applicant must also complete a financial statement (link above) indicating their financial need. At least one current letter of recommendation, but no more than three, may accompany the scholarship application. Please include a copy of your most recent school transcript (the transcript should contain the school’s grading scale).
- Incomplete applications will not be returned for completion and will be immediately disqualified. In addition, applications received or postmarked after the deadline shall also be disqualified.
- Applications must be submitted to Range, Attn: Scholarship Committee, P. O. Box 127, Forsyth, MT 59327 and postmarked by no later than March 13, 2020.
- High schools will be notified of the winners and they will be announced at the respective graduation/award ceremonies.