|FLSA StatusExempt||LocationForsyth, MT, Sheridan, WY, Worland, WY, or Dubois, WY|
|DateJanuary 17, 2020||Closing Open Until Filled|
This position performs executive duties relating to the analysis and administration of the core network facilities and information technology (IT) assets of the Corporation. The CTO provides oversight and direction encompassing the technology deployed and overall operations of the Corporation’s switching, transport, access, IT and Internet Service Provider (ISP) networks. This position plays an integral role in the strategic direction, development, operations and future growth of the network. The CTO works closely with senior management, supervisors and employees of the Operations, Engineering, IT, and Plant Departments of the parent and subsidiary companies to successfully implement corporate network goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides oversight and direction encompassing the technology deployed and overall operations of the Corporation’s switching, transport and access networks.
- Provides input, reviews and approves all major contracts for fiber construction, central office additions, and transport and access electronics.
- Assists personnel at the parent and subsidiary companies engaged in providing network operation and maintenance of central office switching systems and associated distribution systems, Internet and DSL systems, video transmission and distribution systems, and plant facilities, and wireless broadband systems.
- Participates in the development and coordination of network engineering practices, standards and design principles and policies for all companies.
- Ensures performance monitoring, network alarming, testing, routing maintenance plan, emergency disaster plan, and resource management.
- Develops a methodology for network provisioning including Access Service Request (ASR) procedures and ensuring consistency between the companies when requesting facilities.
- Coordinate a comprehensive assignment records system.
- Aligns network infrastructure to application and service strategies.
- Develop a policy for the acquisition, development, and implementation of new and existing electronic equipment and technologies.
- Responsible, via subordinates, managers and supervisors, to ensure that all safety practices, policies and approved methods of installation and maintenance are followed.
- Responsible for the assignment of inspection related to work performed to ensure quality, timeliness and conformance to RUS specifications.
- Researches and implements or recommends new or improved methods of technological deployment and use.
- Develops and oversees the establishment and administration of technical procedures and policies as required to operate efficiently.
- Supervise and evaluate performance of the employees reporting to this position to include visual inspections of their work. Provide the tools needed for them to perform their duties in a manner consistent with telephone installation and maintenance practices. Recommend promotions and wage increases
- Directs personnel assigned to administer or comply with Federal and State Telecommunications orders and procedures.
- Ability to create a team environment and sustain employee morale.
Responsible for the planning, design and maintenance of the Corporation’s IT and ISP networks.
- Responsible for the coordination of the Corporations network connectivity including DSL network aggregation and ASCP backhaul connectivity, Tier One ISP connectivity, SONET/Ethernet transport network configuration and interconnection coordination.
- Responsible for the operating and support system (OSS) and its associated software programs and hardware equipment.
- Oversees the security and integrity of all network elements.
- Responsible to manage the Corporate Wide Area Network.
Coordinates and oversees network investments. Responsible for providing input, review, and approval of all major contracts for fiber construction, central office additions, transport and access electronics.
- Provides coordination and directions for Engineering Consultants and pre-bid contracts.
- Provides assistance or guidance with the development of the annual maintenance, construction, capital facilities, and expense budgets for all companies.
- Suggests and Coordinates training opportunities that meet the technology goals of the Range Family.
Works to implement the Corporation’s strategic and long-term planning goals.
- Provides assistance in the areas of technical and operational support and review to the investigation of new lines of business activity for the Corporation.
- Evaluates business process changes, new technology and the implementation of these activities.
- Coordinates the design and execution of the business strategies through the efficient use of technology.
- Provides input, guidance and leadership, related to decision making for future product and service offerings.
- Reviews and makes strategic recommendations to the CEO and Senior Management Team for network facilities improvements, strategic positioning, technological improvements or operational systems improvements by remaining current on advances in technology and proposing or implementing these improvements to current and existing network systems.
- Assists Managers and Supervisors to create strategies for successfully meeting the needs of customers.
Oversees Corporate safety goals and activities through subordinate employees and committees. Responsible for the supervision of the Corporate Safety Coordinator, and the success of the safety activities and adherence to the safety plan.
- Oversees the Planning, establishment and coordination of all the Range Family safety activities and programs in accordance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Active in the development, updates and revision to the Range Family’s corporate-wide safety plan and all applicable procedures.
Complies with all policies and procedures as contained in the Employee Handbook and assigned department.
Perform other related duties as assigned by the CEO.*
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are
usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Education and/or Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or other relevant field, PLUS ten years of experience in the Communications industry, with five years in a progressively responsible managerial or supervisory position providing comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of information technology, internet and data services, central office, engineering, outside plant construction, cost separations, accounting and legal and regulatory activities as related to the communications industry. Previous CTO or similar experience preferred.
The general work hours for this position are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Overtime will be required on occasion. This is an Exempt position, not subject to the overtime provisions of FLSA.
Send resume with cover letter and Career Opportunity Form to:
email: firstname.lastname@example.org ;
PO Box 127
Forsyth, MT 59327