|FLSA StatusNON-EXEMPT||LocationASHLAND, MT|
|DateFebruary 13, 2020||Closing Open Until Filled|
Under the direct supervision of the Construction Supervisor and indirectly reporting to the Construction Foreman, responsible for the placement, maintenance, Installation, repair, retirement and construction of all phases of buried and aerial facilities, including all cabling, pedestals, housings, aerial enclosures, and network interface devices, ONT, and power supply. May work with other operations personnel on turn up and testing of customer services. Maintenance and repair of construction equipment and vehicles. Ensures all underground facilities are located, exposed and crossed without damage. Ensures that all projects meet or exceed industry standards and specifications. Ensures safety measures comply with OSHA, DOT and Company requirements and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of tasks in the construction maintenance, service, placement and repair of aerial, buried and underground facilities to meet or exceed industry standards and specifications. (I.e. Communications cables, pedestals, housings, network interface devices, ONT and UPS, aerial closures, etc.)
- Ensure construction work is completed accurately, safely and in a timely manner.
- Ensure property is cleaned up after work is complete.
- Ensure inventory is well stocked and accounted for.
- Ability to use standard and special purpose hand tools, equipment to splice and locate communications cable, and ability to operate equipment for installation of buried, aerial facilities.
- Ability to operate computers, test equipment, global positioning equipment and locate equipment.
- Ability to undertake a heavy physical workload including removal of utility hole covers; hand digging; climb poles and ladders to construct, inspect, repair, and maintain aerial cables; load and unload materials by hand.
- Operate, repair, and maintain heavy equipment, includes truck, backhoe, trencher, cable plow, semi-tractor, skid steer, and other construction related equipment as necessary.
- Must have knowledge of DOT rules and regulations as they apply to road vehicles.
- Must have knowledge of and comply with OSHA and company safety requirements and practices as they apply to federal, state, local, and company standards.
- Ability to interpret staking sheets, schematics, maps, construction prints and other drawings in paper or digital format.
- Clean and maintain company warehouse in the reporting area, including cleaning and maintaining lavatory, cutting weeds and other yard work, etc.;
- Assist as needed outside of regular hours maintenance window work, and emergencies, etc.
- Must work effectively as a team player.
- Submit timesheets with vehicle mileage readings, and material used and abandoned, in a timely manner.
- Submit all receipts (i.e. for fuel purchases, material purchases, equipment purchases, etc.), in a timely manner
- Attend and participate in safety and training meetings.
- Performs other related duties assigned by management*
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required. A degree or certificate in telecommunications or related preferred. Installation/repair experience and/or equipment operating experience a plus.
Valid Class A1 Montana Commercial Driver’s license, or ability to acquire.
The general work hours for this position are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Work performed outside of these hours may be required regularly. This is a non-exempt position, subject to the overtime provisions of FLSA.
Send resume with cover letter and career opportunity form to:
PO Box 127
Forsyth, MT 59327