|FLSA StatusNon Exempt||LocationForsyth, MT|
|DateJune 9, 2020||Closing Open Until Filled|
Provides technical support for the companies’ broadband data networks up to ISP transport equipment as well as customer communications and data networks, including Company broadband operation, customer owned LAN/WAN and personal computers. Installs, programs, monitors, troubleshoots, and repairs all Company broadband transmission equipment and customer broadband data communications lines and equipment. Assist with maintaining Plant and Data records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support for customer Internet problems including, but not limited to, broadband, wireless, email, and web hosting.
- Assist IT Department with corporate network installation, provisioning, and troubleshooting needs.
- Install, configure, administer, and troubleshoot existing fiber optic, copper, and wireless infrastructure, and a variety of communications and data network equipment
- Read technical manuals and brochures to determine equipment needs that meet Company and customer broadband requirements
- Research, test, evaluate, and analyze network equipment. Recommend hardware and/or software for new broadband services and/or network upgrade improvements.
- Monitor Company broadband network and system performance and act to isolate/repair network problems
- Monitor alarm network including, but not limited to, DPS, Calix CMS, and SolarWinds
- Maintain Network Maps, Solar Winds, and Visio
- Coordinate with affiliated company personnel and contractors as required for the installation and deployment of TCP/IP network systems and applications
- May Assist in the installation of telecommunications key and PBX systems and related communications hardware and data equipment to support company services
- Assist other departments as needed
- Must work effectively as a team player.
- Perform all other related job duties assigned by management.*
*These tasks do not meet the Americans with Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Education and/or Experience
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to an associate degree in electronics, IT Networking, or related field. CCNA Certification preferred, but not required.
Valid Driver’s license
The general work hours for this position are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Work performed outside of these hours may be required regularly. This is a non-exempt position, subject to the overtime provisions of FLSA.
Send resume with cover letter:
PO Box 127
Forsyth, MT 59327