|FLSA StatusNon-Exempt||LocationForsyth, MT|
|DateJuly 15, 2019||Closing Open Until Filled|
Install, maintain, and service telephone lines, special circuit lines, broadband services, subscriber carrier systems, cable terminals, protection devices, and customer-owned equipment/networks. May also diagnose and repair trouble in switching equipment, alarm network equipment, wireless systems, standby generators, fiber equipment, voice frequency repeaters, loop extenders, cable loading systems, and customer owned networks and equipment. Repair and maintain multi-line telephone key systems and PBX’s. Coordinate with other departments on service installations and changes necessary to update billing, facilities, and other company records. Complete all installation and repair-related forms and reports.
Locate and splice communications cable. Operate equipment to install aerial or buried cable. Complete on-call shifts when assigned.
This position may require extensive travel away from the normal reporting location. One of the main functions of this particular role will be to cover area duties in the absence other techs in the department. This technician will also be asked to assist other technicians and departments with projects. Often, these requirements must be met with short notice.
May perform other functions as assigned by management.*
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install new service and equipment for subscribers by installing drop wires, underground cable, station protectors, and network interface devices. Wires new systems using appropriate tools.
- Maintain and repair existing services and equipment by using test sets to locate line trouble. Determine necessary repairs which may include repairing or replacing wiring, cable, pedestals, pedestal stubs, station protectors, ground connections, running new wires and replacing jacks, lids and pedestals as needed.
- Ability to use standard and special purpose hand tools, equipment to splice and locate both copper and fiber optic cable
- A minimum of two times daily (a.m. and p.m.), call-in to Main Office to receive orders on alarms, installs, troubles, etc.
- Install concealed wire and other equipment at customer and company locations.
- May work with Central Office Department to diagnose and repair trouble in switching equipment, carrier systems, and other telecom network equipment. Test telecom facilities and report unsatisfactory conditions; conduct minor central office repairs.
- Complete all outside plant related forms and reports.
- Maintain generators in service area.
- Maintain and repair multi-line key systems and PBX’s.
- Assist in obtaining easements; abiding by RUS and other industry specifications and/or instructional material as required.
- Submit sketches and measurements and make staking sheets when assigned or necessary.
- Locate communications cable when requested.
- Operate equipment to install aerial or buried facilities.
- Coordinate with other departments on work projects; coordinate with plant and commercial staff to update records upon job completion.
- Clean and maintain buildings and grounds in service area, including cleaning and maintaining batteries, cutting weeds, etc.
- Keep company vehicle and tools clean and maintained.
- Complete on-call shifts when assigned.
- Interface with the public and customers in a professional manner.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum requirement: H. S. diploma or equivalent PLUS two‑years of Electronics Technology or related schooling or equivalent work experience.
- Preferred education /experience: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to an associate’s degree in electronics or related field PLUS five years of experience in the installation and maintenance of outside plant and associated electronics. preferred.
- Driver’s License
The general work hours for this position are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. This is a nonexempt position, subject to the overtime provisions of FLSA. This position has an on call/ call out requirement. This position will also require extensive travel, often overnight, throughout the Company’s service area. Range Telephone Cooperative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.