Voice Mail is easy to use!
Your callers can leave messages for you when you are on or away from your phone. You can listen to your messages when it’s convenient for you from any phone any time. You’ll never have to worry about missing a call again. Explore the many convenient features available with Voice Mail!
Accessing Your Mailbox
FROM LINE WITH VOICEMAIL SERVICE
Dial your three-digit prefix followed by the numbers 6245 or *99
The first time you access your voicemail box you will be asked to set up your mailbox, change your PIN, and record your name and an optional greeting that will play for your callers. After your mailbox has been set up, the next time you call the access number you will be prompted to key in your PIN unless you specify that you want the system to skip your PIN when you call in from this line. (For more info see TO CHANGE YOUR PIN or SECURITY OPTIONS)
When you have one or more unheard messages waiting, your dial tone will begin with a stutter and a signal will be sent to your line that may illuminate a message waiting light or display a message waiting screen if your phone is so equipped. Once connected, simply follow the voice prompts to listen to your messages or manage your personal settings.
FROM ANOTHER LINE (E.G. CELL OR WORK PHONE)
Dial your 3 digit prefix followed by the numbers 6245 and follow the prompts.
You will be asked to enter your 10 digit phone number and then your PIN followed by the# key. Once you are logged in, all of the menus are the same.
VOICEMAIL MAIN MENU
- Dial (1), to play inbox menu
- Dial (2), to send messages
- Dial (3), to work with greetings
- Dial (4), to access mailbox settings
- Dial (6), to access deleted messages
- Dial (7), to log on as a different user
- Dial (0), to access help
- Dial (*), to exit voicemail
Preparing To Record A Greeting
- Practice the greeting several times until your voice sounds natural. You can play back the greeting and re-record until you are satisfied.
- Try to keep the greeting as brief as possible. If it is too short or too long, you will hear a help prompt telling you to try again.
- You do not have to ask your callers to leave the time and date of their call. Your mailbox will give you this information for each message.
- An example of a personalized greeting for a home might be: “Hello. You have reached (your number). We aren’t available to answer the phone right now, please leave your name and number and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.”
- Access your voice mailbox
- Dial (3), from the main menu
- Dial (1), to set up a personal greeting
- Dial (3), to set up a system generated greeting or to change the recording of your name
- Dial (5), to change the greeting that callers hear when your line is busy
- Any time you do not record a personal greeting, a generic greeting will be played
- Press (1) for greeting options (disregard for default greeting)
- Press (2) to change your password
- Press (4) to change auto login
To change or record your greeting
- Press (1) for greeting options
- Press (4) to record your greeting
- Press (#) to end recording function
- Press (1) to listen to greeting
- Press (2) to save greeting. Greeting must be saved to be activated.
- Press (3) to delete greeting
- Press (4) to re-record greeting
- Press (2) to accept new greeting
- Press (*) to return to mailbox set-up
- Press (2) to change your PIN code
- Press (1) for new messages
- Press (2) for saved messages
To listen to messages
- Press (1) to play or replay message
- Press (2) to save message and go to the next message
- Press (3) to delete message and go to the next message
- Press (4) to save message as new
- Press (7) to skip back 3 seconds
- Press (8) to pause or continue message
- Press (9) to skip forward 3 seconds
- Press (*) to return to mailbox set-up
Accessing Your Sub-Mailbox
- Follow steps 1 and 2 from the section titled ‘Accessing Your Mailbox’
- Enter your sub-mailbox number (sub-mailbox numbers will be 1, 2 or 3)
- Press the (*) key to administer the group greeting. See ‘Group Greetings’.
- Enter your temporary PIN code, followed by (#)
- Your PIN code will be a default code of 0 0 0 0 until you change it.
Step 4 – Main menu
- Press (1) to listen to your messages. See ‘Retrieving Messages’.
- Press (5) to hear the mailbox IDs with new messages
- Press (7) for current date and time
- Press (9) to set-up your voice mailbox. See ‘Mailbox Set-Up’
- Press (*) twice to return to main menu
- Enter your password, followed by (#)
- Press (1) to play current group greeting
- Press (5) to keep this group greeting
- Press (7) to delete this group greeting
- Press (9) to record a new group greeting
- Press (*) to return to main menu